Now that the iOS 11.2 download [ext link] has been released, it’s time to start thinking about the next jailbreak. Right now, the future isn’t looking too great; with only Yalu jailbreak released for iOS 10, there is no sign of an iOS 11.2 Jailbreak [ext link] and with the rate at which Apple is releasing updates, we can’t expect to see one anytime soon. Of course, we do have another option and it’s called AppValley.
Image : AppValley iOS 11.2
AppValley is one of the recent app installers that have been released as an alternative to Cydia. It isn’t as comprehensive as Cydia but it does contain some tweaks, a few modified apps, like Snapchat++, Instagram++ and Spotify++, along with plenty of app store apps for free. You do not need to install a jailbreak and it has support for iOS 11.2.
Image : AppValley Apps
How to Download AppValley iOS 11.2 :
AppValley cannot be downloaded from the app store, only by following the instructions below. All you need is your device, internet, and Safari browser so pick one of these methods:
Method 1: Safari
- Open Safari on your device and go to appvalleydownload.org
- Wait for our mobile page to open and then look for the UP arrow , Top right of the iPad screen and bottom center of the iPhone
- A new page opens, choose Add to Home Screen
- Now type AppValley in to name the app icon and tap on the Add button
- Close Safari and AppValley will be on your home screen
Video: Shows you how these steps are done
Method 2: Android
AppValley also works on Android devices but it does require you to download and install the AppValley APK [ Application Package File ] onto your Android device. The steps are a little more involved but should only take you a few minutes to complete. You can find the AppValley Android download guide at the linked post.
How to Fix AppValley Errors :
When you download AppValley, there is one error that you will most definitely come across and two that you may. All of them are easy to fix and here’s how:
- Profile Installation Failed. The linked article provides the solution to this error
- AppValley Not Working. This is a certificate error and it is simple to solve. Open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management and tap on the AppValley certificate. Tap on Trust and come out of Settings; try AppValley again and it will work.
- App Crashing: This issue will affect all users. Within 7 days of installing AppValley, it will crash, leaving you having to reinstall it to get it working again. This will happen 7 days after every installation and it is because Apple revokes the app certificate – they do not consider it a valid app. The only way to get around this is to download Anti Revoke , a VPN tool that blocks the certificate from being revoked. You will find more information at the given link.
Popular apps :
AppValley is home to many neat tweaks and apps and two of the most popular, the most downloaded are Snapchat++ and AirShou screen recorder:
Snapchat is an incredibly popular messaging app, but it is lacking in some features. Snapchat++ [ext link] is a modified version of the app, packed with all the stock features and lots of extras, like being able to spoof your location, customize parts of the interface and have a much better record strength. Find all the information and a download guide at the linked post.
AirShou is a name that many will recognize as being one of the best screen recorders from Cydia. Now available outside of a jailbreak, AirShou [ext link] has been updated with loads more support and plenty of new features that will enhance any iPhone or iPad. To get a full download guide and more information, check out the linked post.
Alternative Apps :
If AppValley does not offer what you want, then you can try one of the other alternative app installers. Two of the best are vShare and TweakBox :
vShare is another popular name in the jailbreak community and is another app that was once only available through Cydia. Offering loads of paid and premium content for free, vShare is now available outside of Cydia and you can find a full guide on how to download vShare [ext link] at the given link.
TweakBox is another great alternative to AppValley, offering plenty of choice of apps, tweaks, modified apps and premium content for free. It is one of the more comprehensive alternatives and is very simple to download and use. Click the given link for more details on how to download TweakBox [ext link].
AppValley is just one of many app installers all designed to help give back something that Cydia offered. While they will never fully replace Cydia, they are good for those who can’t jailbreak and, while we wait for news of an iOS 11.2 jailbreak, you can follow us on Facebook.