For years, we have been able to jailbreak whenever we wanted. Not because Apple allowed it but because they left the iOS with vulnerabilities that could be exploited easily, and we had the developers willing to do it. Now its all changed. The iOS firmware is more secure than ever and there are few jailbreak developers on the scene now, leaving the jailbreak community without a way to get their apps and tweaks. One of the most popular was an app called iFile but now we can download this without needing Cydia. We’ll show you how later but first, a look at iFile [ext link] and what it can do for you.
Image : File File Manager
What is iFile ?
iFile is a File Manager app, providing access to the iOS file system. This is something that Apple will not allow, and, even if they did, they would not allow you to customize your files the way that iFile does. The iFile app is a lot like Explorer on the Windows system or Finder on the Mac and it has some very advanced features.
iFile Features :
To start with, iFile allows you to see multiple file types in your system, including:
- Microsoft files
- Web archives
- Apple iWork
- Compressed formats
With your software and multimedia files, you can:
- Rename them
- Move them
- Copy and paste them
- Edit text lists and property lists, like config files
- Easily install .deb packages
- Pack and unpack any compressed file format, such as zipped files
- Import MP3s and other files to your iPod library
You can also move files in and out of your iOS device in multiple ways, including:
- Mounting Apple .dmg files
- Send files as email attachments
- Use the built-in web server to upload/download through a browser or a network drive
- Manage your Dropbox and FTP files easily
- Use a Toshiba FlashAir card for downloading and viewing files
iFile is fully integrated with the Safari download Manager, Celest Bluetooth File Sharing and with AttachmentSaver
How to Download iFile :
iFile is not the kind of app that Apple is going to let you download from the iOS app store because it does things they simply don’t agree with you being able to do. Downloading it is very simple though; you just need to download AppValley first. Here’s how:
- Download AppValley onto your iOS device using the instructions at the link
- Open AppValley and search for iFile
- Download and install iFile and then you can have full access to your file system
iFile has always been a popular app, simply because of the file system access it allows you. You won’t get these features with any other app and Apple are certainly never going to give them to you as standard on the iOS. It’s free, you don’t need a jailbreak so don’t wait; download it today and follow us on Facebook for more tips like this.